With the batteries charged up again we were able to start the bus! We were so glad that this was a simple fix. From here on out, while we are building out the bus, we decided to always unhook the batteries (not just switch them off) while the bus is stationary for months on end so as not to drain the batteries again.
After starting the bus we were able to open our luggage bays and take out the air compressor bolts so that we can open the luggage bays without needing to turn the bus on. In the long run we’d like to switch the airlock system to an electrical system, but we aren’t sure if that is possible yet and will have to keep researching.
Now that we have gotten our method down (see our Dummies Guide for Putting Down Your Subfloors from Episode 3), we are moving a little faster and getting close to having completed floors. Although, our priorities are changing. When we started this build we wanted to try to complete the build in 6 months. We had underestimated the amount of work there would be in the bus demolition and we are not the type of people to cut corners. We were close to burnout when we finished the demolition and decided to take a new approach to tackling this project.
We are lucky to have the ability to take our time with this build and the whole point of this lifestyle change was to be able to better look after ourselves which we had not been doing.
So we decided to take a month-long vacation for our honeymoon and reignite our gypsy souls, in the hopes of returning to the bus conversion feeling renewed and refreshed.
We attempt to complete the floors before leaving, but we run out of time before our first flight to Paris.